Although MT usually stands for mountain, in Korea, MT takes on a whole new meaning. It stands for 'membership training' (엠티) and serves as a mean to build strength and unity within a group. Many students especially in college go on these trips to remote areas like temples and (yes) the mountain side. So, it got me thinking how AWESOME it would be to go on a MT with idol stars who have a proven variety show record. It would be fun to hang out with them without all the makeup and flashy outfits.
If there ever was a contest where I could choose 10 idols to go on a MT with, these are the idols that I would pick because I love to laugh and have fun.
2AM’s Jo Kwon
If there ever was a contest where I could choose 10 idols to go on a MT with, these are the idols that I would pick because I love to laugh and have fun.
2AM’s Jo Kwon
How can you go on a MT and not invite funny man Jo Kwon?! Although he stopped doing his hilarious body shaking dance, Jo Kwon has proven on variety shows like Star King that he can be the life of the party with his bright personality and free-spirited manner. Since a MT is all about building bonds, I can’t think of a better person than Jo Kwon to help others let go and be themselves. Plus, he has an amazing voice that would be perfect to listen to while seating around a campfire.
KARA’s Goo Hara

KARA’s Goo Hara

I loved her on Invincible Youth because she was so funny and laid-back at the same time. She actually did things that no other member would do like spray paint DJ Koo’s bottom and tell Secret’s Sunhwa that she needs to study math more. Her bright personality shines through her actions. It seems like she has something funny to say all the time. Also, it would be interesting to see how she behaves around Lee Hyori.
Shinhwa’s Minwoo
Well, a MT would not be complete without idol veteran Minwoo. Personally, I've always wanted to go on a MT with the members of Shinhwa especially Minwoo after watching the first episode of their hit variety show Shinhwa Broadcast. I feel that Minwoo is regularly a funny person and has the ability to light up any trip. When everyone else is quiet, I can picture him doing something funny to get everybody laughing and more laid-back.
SNSD’s Jessica
Shinhwa’s Minwoo
Well, a MT would not be complete without idol veteran Minwoo. Personally, I've always wanted to go on a MT with the members of Shinhwa especially Minwoo after watching the first episode of their hit variety show Shinhwa Broadcast. I feel that Minwoo is regularly a funny person and has the ability to light up any trip. When everyone else is quiet, I can picture him doing something funny to get everybody laughing and more laid-back.
SNSD’s Jessica
Known as the peculiar one, Jessica brings something special to the group. Her quirky personality will be a good contrast to the always silly manner of Jo Kwon or Minwoo. Also, I think her experience being a MC will help get conversations going among the group. Plus, she might have something interesting to say to solve awkward or silent moments.
ZE:A’s Kwanghee
ZE:A’s Kwanghee
Oh, where do I start with Kwanghee…his bubbly personality…his comedic side? Definitely being the most outspoken and exposed member of ZE:A, Kwanghee has the ability to turn a not so funny thing into a humorous one. Come on, he is able to poke fun at himself and still smile about it. There was a reason why he guest starred on Strong Heart so many times and that is because he is a funny man. I would like to see what crazy things he can do when with Jo Kwon, Lee Hyori, Minwoo, and Jessica.
Big Bang’s Daesung
Big Bang’s Daesung
I go back to his Family Outing days where he was so funny and carefree. Also, it would be fun to see the reunion of him and Lee Hyori. Since Big Bang always has good stories to tell, I feel like he would have some great tales about his fellow members to share. Plus, Daesung is someone who anyone can like and love to be with.
Lee Hyori
Lee Hyori
How can you not include k-pop and variety show queen Lee Hyori. She was so funny on Family Outing and really carried the show. I had a blast watching her be a guest star on Barefoot Friends and causing funny situations. She has that special charm that can cause a group of complete strangers to get along quickly.
Miss A’s Suzy
Miss A’s Suzy
Besides being the ‘nation’s first love’, Suzy has a bright and bubbly personality that everyone can like. Plus, I enjoyed watching Invincible Youth 2 because of her and Sunhwa. I agree that Suzy is a calmer person when compared to Goo Hara, but I think that aspect is her charm. She knows when to be silly and fun but doesn’t go over the top. Also, it would be fun to see how she reacts when being with more vocal stars like Lee Hyori and Kwanghee.
Super Junior’s Leeteuk
Super Junior’s Leeteuk
There is a reason why Leeteuk had permanent MC-like roles on various variety shows like Star King and Strong Heart before enlisting in the military. Well, that particular reason is Leeteuk is super funny. He knows how to make others laugh and just have fun. He seems to have an endless list of funny stories to share and isn’t afraid to poke fun at himself. With Minwoo and Daesung in the same group, I would like to see what crazy things the three of them will do or say.
Secret’s Sunhwa
Secret’s Sunhwa

If Kwanghee is part of the group, then I need to add Sunhwa to the guest list. It would be interesting to see how the former We Got Married on-screen couple would react after being apart some time. I think it will lead to loads of laughter since both stars are really funny. Her cheery personality will be a great addition to the group because she has the ability to bring out the best of people. Plus, I think she would feel at home with Suzy and Goo Hara.
Which idol star would you like to go on a MT with?
Which idol star would you like to go on a MT with?
Source: ningin

